Wagga Mobile Cranes Pty Ltd
Wagga Mobile Cranes commenced operating in 1973 under the ownership of Don Harper with a single crane.
This crane complimented his steel fabrication and construction business.
As demand grew, so did the requirement for an increased fleet and larger cranes.
1977 saw the purchase of a 20T Coles Truck Crane followed by a 25/28 Coles Crane in 1979.
In 1981 the company purchased a new 50T Tadano Truck Crane and an ASI 8T Tractor Crane – this old girl served the company right through until 2011.
In 1988 WMC purchased a local heavy haulage company that equipped us with 1 prime mover and 2 low loaders.
1989 saw the purchase of our first Franna crane – a 12T that was only sold in 2018.
The crane fleet remained at a 50T capacity until 2001 which saw the purchase of our first all-terrain crane the Liebherr LTM 1090. A significant investment for the local area at the time.
Continual growth from this point saw the fleet numbers increase – 2 x 30T Liebherr’s, 55T Tadano, 2 x 20T Franna’s and the purchase of our largest crane the Liebherr LTM1200 – 200T.
Heavy haulage was also continually growing to the fleet we have today – 7 prime movers, 2 x tilt trays and 13 trailers to get any transport job done reliably and professionally.
Dons passing in 2012 saw the company remain within the family. Ken Deacon held the position of Managing Director from 2012 until his retirement in 2020.
Kens sons, Matthew Deacon – Managing Director and John Deacon – Operations Manager continue the family tradition of supplying trusted, reliable service to the Riverina and it's surrounds.